Serves 1-2, Serves 2-3
Dal Tadka & Urulai Roast Combo Kit
₹192.00 – ₹254.00
- Spices & Red Chilly
- Friszon’s Home Made Paste
- Onion & garlic
- Green chilly & Coriander
- Flour (salt added)
- Spices & Curry Leaves
Note: Oil provided is suggested for optimal taste. You may alter the amount of oil according to your requirements.
Pre-Prep: Wash Green Chilly & Coriander. Slit green chilly & chop coriander roughly.
- Wash dal and soak it in water, for every 1/2 cup of dal add 2 cups of water.
- Add the soaked dal along with water to the pressure cooker (2 litres).
- Close the lid, put the weight (whistle) and cook for 4 to 5 whistles on medium to high heat.
- Turn off the stove and leave it until the pressure releases automatically.
- In a kadai, heat oil and butter 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add spices (Jeera) and red chilli and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add green chilly, onion and garlic. Sauté in high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add paste & coriander and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove.
- Open the pressure cooker and mash the dhal.
- Now add the sautéed paste to the pressure cooker and pour 1⁄2 cup (100ml-120ml) of water.
- Turn on the stove and cook in medium to high heat for 2 minutes. Add salt if required.
- Turn off the stove and serve.
Note: : Oil provided is suggested for optimal taste.
You may alter the amount of oil according to your requirements.
- Add potatoes to pressure cooker (2 litres or above) and add 1.5 to 2 cups
(350 to 400ml) of water.
- Close the lid, put the whistle and pressure cook for 2 whistles on high heat.
- Turn off the stove. Let the pressure release automatically.
- Open the lid, drain the water completely, transfer the potatoes to a plate or
bowl. Allow to cool down under the fan for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, spread the flour evenly over the potatoes and mix gently.
- Heat oil in a tawa on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add spices and curry leaves. Leave it undisturbed for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes to the tawa and gently keep turning them over consistently (every 1 to 2 minutes) to ensure even crisping and roasting of the potatoes.
Keep doing this until you get the desired result. (Max: 8 to 10 minutes)