Serves 1-2, Serves 2-3
Ennai Kathirikai & Urulai Roast Combo Kit
₹191.00 – ₹250.00
- Spices & Curry leaves
- Friszon’s Home Made Paste (salt added)
- Kathirikai (Brinjal)
- Flour (salt added)
- Spices & Curry Leaves
Note: Oil provided is suggested for optimal taste. You may alter the amount of oil according to your requirements.
Pre-Prep: Wash Kathirikai (Brinjal) and curry leaves Wipe Kathirikai (Brinjal) thoroughly and make X cut without cutting fully.
- Heat one-fourth of the oil in a pan/kadai on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add slit kathirikai and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the kathirikai to a different vessel.
- In the same pan/kadai add remaining oil and heat on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add spices and curry leaves. Leave for 30 seconds.
- Add the paste. Pour 1 (250ml) cup of water.
- Mix it. Check the taste and add salt accordingly.
- Bring to boil and add kathirikai to the mixture.
- Keep it in low heat. Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Open and serve.
Note: : Oil provided is suggested for optimal taste.
You may alter the amount of oil according to your requirements.
- Add potatoes to pressure cooker (2 litres or above) and add 1.5 to 2 cups
(350 to 400ml) of water.
- Close the lid, put the whistle and pressure cook for 2 whistles on high heat.
- Turn off the stove. Let the pressure release automatically.
- Open the lid, drain the water completely, transfer the potatoes to a plate or
bowl. Allow to cool down under the fan for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, spread the flour evenly over the potatoes and mix gently.
- Heat oil in a tawa on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add spices and curry leaves. Leave it undisturbed for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes to the tawa and gently keep turning them over consistently (every 1 to 2 minutes) to ensure even crisping and roasting of the potatoes.
Keep doing this until you get the desired result. (Max: 8 to 10 minutes)