Serves 1, Serves 2
Madras Sambar Rice Meal Kit
₹139.00 – ₹179.00
- Oil with ghee
- Friszon’s Home Made Paste(salt added)
- Rice & Dal
- Spices, curry leaves & Red chilli
- Coriander & Green Chilly
Note: Oil provided is suggested for optimal taste. You may alter the amount of oil according to your requirements.
Pre-Prep: Wash coriander, green chilly and curry leaves. Slit green chilly Chop coriander roughly.
- Wash rice & dal, soak it in water (for every 1 cup of rice & dal mixture add 4 cups of water), Leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- After 15 mins of leaving the soaked rice & dal mixture undisturbed, Heat oil in a pressure cooker (3 litre cooker) between medium to high heat (flame) for 1 minute.
- Add spices, curry leaves & red chilli and leave the cooker undisturbed for 30 secs.
- Add the vegetables & green chilli and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the paste and sauté for 2 minutes. (Sprinkle some water if paste sticks to the bottom).
- Add the soaked rice & dal along with water to the mixture.
- Mix it, check the taste and then add salt accordingly.
- Close the lid and put the weight (whistle).
- Keep in medium to high heat (flame) and allow to cook for 3 to 5 whistles.
- Turn off the stove and leave it until the pressure releases automatically.
- Open the lid and mix gently before serving.